Ethereal on cygwin - 'which Packet.dll' and 'which wpcap.dll' ??

Post by Stan Bischo » Mon, 28 Dec 2009 01:24:18

>> And also- since you are using Windows, why not just use
>> the Windows version of Wireshark and get on with whatever
>> scan you were contemplating?

> Is it possible to have my software in cygwin
> and the packet analyzer in windows ?

Sure- why not? Cygwin is just another Windows application, afterall.

Stan

Post by karthikbalagur » Mon, 28 Dec 2009 03:56:01

> > That query was due to few discussions that
> > i found in internet w.r.t setting up ethereal(wireshark)
> > in cygwin (ethereal-users mailing list). So, i thought
> > that there some issues in using ?the combination
> > of windows based wireshark(ethereal) and cygwin
> > based application.

> It is certainly possible that there's some sort of weirdness
> but nothing I am aware of or have seen. But that would
> definitely be a question for another forum.

> I expect you'll be just fine.

Okay, Thx for your prompt response.

I will try my cygwin based application with the
Windows based Wireshark. I am dropping the
approach of setting up the wireshark(ethereal) in cygwin
as of now (until there are some genuine issues in
using windows based wireshark with cygwin based
application).

Thx,
Karthik Balaguru