Why I am getting two IP addresses when I connect to my work through VPN

Why I am getting two IP addresses when I connect to my work through VPN

Post by Sant » Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:33:23

Guys:

I have laptop at home, connect to my home router using WLAN, I do get
IP address from my router 192.168.0.2, I used to connect to my work
using VPN, when I do "ipconfig" I can see two IP address, one for
local LAN and other for VPN, why two IP addresses?.

Also when I work using VPN, I can't go to any of the web sites, like
www.yahoo.com, when I disconnect VPN, everything is OK, what was the
reason?.

Thanks.

1. How to identify ,through which IP address i'am connected ?

Hi ,

    I am having a Solaris box with 5 interfaces configured with
different IP addresses. When a client open a Telnet session with one of
the IP addresses, I need to identify  , to which IP address , the client
is 'telneting' .  Based on the IP address, i need to run some login
scripts.

Is the any command available for this ? Or can you give some pointers ,
to achieve it through C ?

Thanks ,
Karthikeyan S

2. CD-ROM patches for Sony or/and TOSHIBA requested

3. Assigning a second IP address to am Ethernet card???

4. UNIX source code

5. From which IP address I am connected

6. Matrox G200 vs Matrox Mil II pci

7. Problem Connecting to VPN thru a linux Gateway

8. Gauntlet Questions re: Does it work on FBSD

9. How connect two LAN with the same ip addressing?

10. Getting connected socket's ip address

11. Why IP address is fixed everytime connected to the Internet?

12. Getting remote IP address of connected socket

13. getting named to respond on two ip addresses and ifconfig