SMC 9432 TX (Ether Power II) and SMC Ether EZ (8416)

SMC 9432 TX (Ether Power II) and SMC Ether EZ (8416)

Post by Uwe Braue » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 01:23:12

Hi

I tried to use either the SMC Ether EZ (8416)
or SMC 9432 TX (Ether Power II)
under SuSe 6.4
I could not find the driver for the first card. And also the second
listed as experimental did not work neither compiled as a module nor
embedded in the kernel.

Anybody has experience on this

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

Post by Fluri Dav » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:46:52

> Hi

> I tried to use either the SMC Ether EZ (8416) or SMC 9432 TX (Ether
> Power II) under SuSe 6.4 I could not find the driver for the first
> card. And also the second listed as experimental did not work
> neither compiled as a module nor  embedded in the kernel.

> Anybody has experience on this

> Thanks

> Uwe Brauer

I'm using the EtherEZ 8416 BTA in this very box with the smc-ultra
driver. I had to use isapnp to set the card to a vacant IRQ and IO
(fortunately it's a PIO card).

--

Dave Fluri
North Bay, Ontario  Canada

1. Prob with SMC Ether EZ and Ether Power netcard

Hi

I tried to use either the SMC Ether EZ (8416)
or SMC 9432 TX (Ether Power II)
under SuSe 6.4
I could not find the driver for the first card. And also the second
listed as experimental did not work neither compiled as a module nor
embedded in the kernel.

Anybody has experience on this

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

2. Easy method to calculate the age of a file

3. SMC Ether EZ 8416 BTA

4. KCharset: Wrong charset!

5. RH 5.2, SMB Installation, SMC Ether EZ 8416

6. Problems Under Linux - limit and ulimit are ignored

7. SMC 9432 TX

8. nohup dying

9. Linux-Mandrake and SMC 9432 TX NIC

10. SMC 9432 TX

11. Is SMC Ether EZ (8416BT) supported on FreeBSD?

12. SMC Ether EZ 10/100 Network Card

13. SMC Ether EZ driver...