slow network

Post by Sri Panya » Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:15:40

Hi

    I have exactly the same problem.  I am using a linux machine to act as a
router for 2 windows 98 machines.  When i go directly to the internet using
the linux or any of the other windows machines i am gettin pretty good
speeds but if i use the linux one as a router to the windows machine, the
speed is at a measly 5 kbps (yep not 500 just 5).  I thought it was
something to do with the routing on the linux box.  I am using iptables to
do the routing for me.

Sri

Quote:> I've got a network with four computers and a cable modem u and running
> in my house. But I have some speed problems. Not from the server to the
> internet, but internallly. What can be wrong and can anybody tell me
> what to do about it?

> Sipke

1. Slow network traffic, (connecting 2 server is slow)

I have setup a Linux server with an 3c509B adapter. (The NE2000) did'nt
initialize all the time). With kernel 2.0.29 (slakware 96).

I have the problem, that when I make a telnet, mail or internet session.
It takes about 30 to 40 seconds before I get a login prompt or an POP3
apply or a HTML page. Assoon as I'm connected to a service it works with
normal speed. But just the connecting takes forever.

I had this same problem with my NE2000, so it can't be the network
interface card.

Can someone help me with this strange problem.

2. wireless half of bridge stops responding - forever more

3. slow network=slow X?

4. Sig file help

5. Slow response from Apache or just slow network?

6. CDROM hardware

7. Slow Network Linux->Win98=Slow Win98->Linux=Fast

8. Logging user names for password protected sites

9. *Slow* network

10. Slow network Card

11. Slow network, RH6.0 Sendmail

12. slow network under linux