Broadcasting with multiple network interfaces

Broadcasting with multiple network interfaces

Post by NR » Sun, 16 Jan 2005 06:52:29

With two interfaces ethernet and ppp. I would like to broadcast to ethernet
interface when ppp is configured as my default gateway. Does any one know
how to do this?
Help appreciated. Thanks NR

Post by David Efflan » Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:58:53

> With two interfaces ethernet and ppp. I would like to broadcast to ethernet
> interface when ppp is configured as my default gateway. Does any one know
> how to do this?

Basically, you would need cooperative routing deamons or services on this
box and any other boxes or routers that you expect to use this box as a
dynamic gateway.  Do a google search for "linux dynamic routing".

1. single interface multiple networks + broadcast to all networks

Hello,

I have a machine which is in one network say 192.168.1.0.
But we have here a configuration where two networks 192.168.1.0
and 192.168.2.0 are local and directly available.
So I had to set up two routes to the local networks.
Now this machine should be a cups-server to both networks
and broadcast his cups-information into both networks.
I seems that I can sent only broadcast-packets  to the network
where the host belongs.
Is it so uncommon to sent broadcast into the other network?
Or must be the source of a broadcast packet originate in the same network?
Do I have to enable something under /proc/sys/net/...
Or is just cups broken?

Greetings,
        David

2. Logitech Trackball

3. UDP broadcasting & multiple interfaces

4. SAMBA@#$$@%^$^&

5. Is there special conciderations to broadcast on multiple interface???

6. can't make xrisk in the ports collection

7. Mobile IP on Linux

8. Broadcast ping with multiple interfaces

9. Multiple network interfaces via a single network card

10. Network interface sees broadcasts but nothing else!?!

11. Broadcast RPC (Well, any network broadcast code...)

12. Multiple external networks to multiple internal networks