Use Linux passwords from NT4 workstation??

Use Linux passwords from NT4 workstation??

Post by Michael Butle » Wed, 03 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi there, is it possible to 'log in' to a samba share on Linux using the
Linux passwords under NT4? I would like to automatically run a login
script as well to automatically attach to use to the user directory.

Thanks for any help,

Mike

http://www.flat19.demon.co.uk
19 Central Square, 27/29 St. Mark Street
London, E1 8EF, UK

1. RH7 Workstation connect to NT4 server that uses cable modem

The NIC is setup and pings to the server. I can also print to the
server's printer. I can't seem to connect out to the internet through
the server using the cable modem. I seem to be missing a log in or
something. I also don't see the linux box in the server Network
Neighborhood. Help.

2. DIR/NEW

3. Nt4 workstation and linux

4. floppy in 2.4.17

5. How do I load Linux from Window NT4 Workstation

6. Need help mounting disks

7. linux workstation logging into nt4 server?

8. yp

9. Dual booting Linux and NT4.0 Workstation

10. Samba 19.18.p10 &Suse Linux 6.0 & NT4.0 Workstation...

11. Using a NIS server to validate passwords for WINNT workstations

12. NT workstations using users and passwords from NIS

13. 1 * eiyFGASND-Using a NIS server to validate passwords for WINNT workstations