GnomeICU for redhat linux

Post by Jon Roe » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have recently started using linux and cannot figure out how to
configure GnomeICU.  My internet connection runs through a proxy server
and i don't know how to tell GnomeICU to conect to the proxy then to
icq.miribalis.com?  Anyone who uses GnomeICU and knows how to configure
it for a proxy if you could post a reply to this it would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you.

GnomeICU for redhat linux

Post by Greg Leblan » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I have recently started using linux and cannot figure out how to
> configure GnomeICU.  My internet connection runs through a proxy
server
> and i don't know how to tell GnomeICU to conect to the proxy then to
> icq.miribalis.com?  Anyone who uses GnomeICU and knows how to
configure
> it for a proxy if you could post a reply to this it would be greatly
> appreciated.  Thank you.

Try just setting it up without proxying of any sort, and see if that
works.  Most of the time, ICQ is pretty happy with that, even if
everything doesn't work exactly right.
        Greg
--
It's pronounced "*" not "scuzzy"!

Before you buy.

1. GnomeICU for redhat linux

Unfortunately, GnomeICU does not yet support proxy servers.
In my experience with all the crappy icq clients out there,
only
two have performed well: GnomeICU and licq. If you don't feel
that installing Qt 2 is
too much of a pain, go with licq because it has many more
features.
Also note that the author of GnomeICU is planning on writing
SOCKS support in.
-niteq

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com
  http://www.questionexchange.com/servlet3/qx.usenetGuest.showUsenetGue...

2. how to get tvout source code support for EM-535A??

3. uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

4. How could be expired my all passwords?

5. comp.os.linux.hardware, comp.os.linux.redhat, linux.redhat.install

6. DMA buffering below 1MB?

7. patch for GnomeICU to utilize locale and gettextization?

8. PPP Error in Log

9. icq:4186808, need help to test gnomeICU

10. gtk and gnomeicu or gtkicq

11. Using gnomeicu

12. GnomeICU: incompatible widget

13. No Gnome sounds with GnomeICU