Modem Speed?

Post by Wilsin Gost » Wed, 17 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Is there a way to find out the speed in bps of your modem connection?

Thanks.
--
Wilsin

1. Querying modem-to-modem speed of PPP connection.

I'm using Redhat 4.1.

Is there a way to query the modem-to-modem speed of an existing PPP
connection?  I know that I can send packets and do timings to
calculate this, but I'm wondering if there is some utility that already
exists which will give me this information.

By the way, I'm not interested in the speed returned by 'setserial',
since that's the speed of the port itself, not the modem-to-modem
speed.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman

2. HELP: Pb with hsfs under Solaris2.X

3. modem to modem speeds

4. Linux not recognizing my 1.2 Gig DOS Hard Drive

5. How to tell modem speed

6. which java?

7. Modem Speed - Windows 98 vs. Linux

8. Multiple Vulnerabilities in ZoneAlarm

9. Internet,Modem,Speed,Linux???

10. Modem Speed with PPP

11. How to setup external modem speed?

12. Modem Speed ?