Can't delete mails on netscape thru imap to Redhat 5.2

Can't delete mails on netscape thru imap to Redhat 5.2

Post by Rupa » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I've setup Netscape Communicator 4.7 on my win'95. It communicates over
IMAP to our Linux Mail Server (Redhat 5.2). There are two problems that i'm
facing. One very important is that when i delete a mail from netscape, it
goes to Trash and when i empty Trash, the Trash box on Netscape shows empty
. But when i login to my server console and run Pine, i still see the same
messages with a D in front of them. when i quit from pine, it asks me to
expunge deleted messages. when i say yes, only then the messages get
deleted from the server hard disk. bcoz of this all my users feel that they
have deleted mails but my server harddisk is still not free of the deleted
msgs. could you pls suggest a solution.

My second problem is abt folders. In the above setup, i'm able to create a
folder thru netscape. at my server end, it then creates a file in my home
directory. i'm able to distribute mails to these folders, but i'm not able
to delete a folder. also, i'm not able to share folders. pls suggest a
remedy for this too.

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

1. How to read mail/news using Netscape on Redhat 5.2 ????

Hello,
 Can anyone give me a clue on how to setup netscapes preferences so I can
use mail and news.
When I try to enter my mailhost I get Mailhost xxx unknown.
I only have 2 computer network and I gave up setting up sendmail.
Is it possible to get mail and news without a complicated process.

I'm fairly new to linux and things that I take for granted under NT is
very complicated to accomplish if not impossible.

Thanks,

lucas

2. How to mount WfW shares?

3. RedHat 5.2 and Netscape's start page

4. jobs related with current session

5. redhat 5.2 can ping but can't use netscape

6. Error copying from ATAPI CD-ROM

7. Netscape mail notification tool with IMAP on Redhat

8. Sound Driver for Speaker?

9. staroffice 5.2 IMAP mail problem

10. Redhat 5.2 + kde- won't let me change to 'kwm'

11. Help - Deleted /var/log/* from RedHat 5.2 system!

12. Control-alt-delete in RedHat 5.2

13. Trouble with netscape mail: Mail messages get deleted unintentionally