How to get gateway IP if I am using DHCP online?

How to get gateway IP if I am using DHCP online?

Post by Andrew Won » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:14:51

thx a lot...

How to get gateway IP if I am using DHCP online?

Post by Shin » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:30:28

netstat -r

> thx a lot...

How to get gateway IP if I am using DHCP online?

Post by R. Corbet » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:36:05

Do you just want to find your gateway, or do you want to write a script
that gives you a number to ping?  (netstat -r returns the name, not the
IP address, of my gateway--my gateway's name is too long, and pinging it
won't tell me whether my problems with my nameserver or with my connection)

> netstat -r

>> thx a lot...

1. 3com 905b gets Ip address by using DHCP from NT DHCP server

Hi,

I have a 3com 905b, which FreeBSD make this device as xl0. I tried get the
IP address from a DHCP server on WinNT4 server(build 1381, sp4).  I can get
the IP address when booting FreeBSD up. But when expire inteval coming up,
FreeBSD cannot get IP from  NT4 again. I tried to ping each other, and ping
result is negative. Could some one give me a suggestion to deal with this
situation. Thank you

PS: WinNT 4 is working functionally and properly.

Jerry

2. Support for CDR-55E CDROM?

3. PPP gets DHCP IP but can't ping gateway

4. .view.dat

5. not getting a default gateway through dhcp

6. NFS Server Freezing Redhat 8.0

7. Why I am getting two IP addresses when I connect to my work through VPN

8. HP 870 Cxi - printing from a Win95-Client ??

9. Why I am getting error using sendto

10. how to configure Gateway func between 2 ifaces, one with static IP, other with DHCP

11. does anyone know how to assign a Default gateway using Solaris 2.6 DHCP server ?

12. Using DHCP server but missing gateway address on clients

13. Problem getting ip-add from DHCP