fetchmail will not delete my mail on server

fetchmail will not delete my mail on server

Post by Cory Philli » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:01:40

Sometimes fetchmail will not delete my mail on the remote server after
it has downloaded my mail.  The result is I keep getting the same
message over and over again.

I'm using the options "nokeep" and "fetchall".  What else can I do?

--
Cory Phillips

(remove hyphens)

Post by heho » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 20:53:11

> Sometimes fetchmail will not delete my mail on the remote server after
> it has downloaded my mail.  The result is I keep getting the same
> message over and over again.

> I'm using the options "nokeep" and "fetchall".  What else can I do?

Without your complete .fetchmailrc it is difficult to give a good
suggestion.
First examen the all options with 'fetchmail --configdump'. As far as I
know both 'nokeep' and 'fetchall' are defaults.
Further you might want to use 'flush' instead of 'fetchall' in your
.fetchmailrc.

hh

fetchmail will not delete my mail on server

Post by Cory Philli » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 11:14:32

Does this help?

poll pop.mail.yahoo.com proto pop3 timeout 60 \
   user "cory_h" there with password "xxxxx" is cory here \
   options nokeep fetchall

And results of the configdump

        # Entry for site `pop.mail.yahoo.com' begins:
        {
            "pollname":"pop.mail.yahoo.com",
            'active':TRUE,
            "via":None,
            "protocol":"POP3",
            'port':0,
            'timeout':60,
            'interval':0,
            "envelope":"Received",
            'envskip':0,
            "qvirtual":None,
            "preauth":"password",
            'dns':FALSE,
            'uidl':FALSE,
            "aka":None,
            "localdomains":None,
            "interface":None,
            "monitor":None,
            "plugin":None,
            "plugout":None,

Jan 2002 ers': [
                {
                    "remote":"cory_h",
                    "password":"xxxx",
                    'localnames':["cory"],
                    'fetchall':TRUE,
                    'keep':FALSE,
                    'flush':FALSE,
                    'rewrite':TRUE,
                    'stripcr':FALSE,
                    'forcecr':FALSE,
                    'pass8bits':FALSE,
                    'dropstatus':FALSE,
                    'mimedecode':FALSE,
                    "mda":None,
                    "bsmtp":None,
                    'lmtp':FALSE,
                    "preconnect":None,
                    "postconnect":None,
                    'limit':0,
                    'warnings':3600,
                    'fetchlimit':0,
                    'batchlimit':0,
                    'expunge':0,
                    "properties":None,
                    "smtphunt":["localhost"],
                    "smtpaddress":None,
                    'antispam':'571 550 501 554',
                    "mailboxes":[],
                }

--
Cory Phillips

(remove hyphens)

1. How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails

I used to receive data in mail from users. I used to read those data
and load that into a ORACLE table. However I am not able to delete
those mails after reading and loading it.

Currently I delete them manually when the mail file grow very big

Is there a way we can delete these mails after we read it using shell
script ?

2. whither the FAQ

3. fetchmail - keep option with delete from server after X number of days

4. How to disable kernel messages ... ?

5. PPP: pingtimes

6. To fetchmail or not to fetchmail

7. RAND_MAX

8. Linux Mail Server without need for fetchmail

9. mail server problem - sendmail or fetchmail?

10. fetchmail but not mail!

11. Fetchmail / sendmail setup for server to handle mail

12. For Help:sendmail can not send mail to a lotus mail server