Samba to NT srvr: no go

Post by Steve Luzynsk » Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> I'm using Samba on my Red Hat 5.0 box to connect try to an NT4.0(sp3) file
> server. I can use "smbclient \\\\server\\share" to connect to Win95, Win98,
> and NT4.0(service pack 3) WORKSTATION systems but not to an NT4.0(sp3)SERVER
> system. All of the NT Server file servers have the NetBEUI protocal
> installed. If I do a "smbclient -L ntbox" I can see all the resources but I
> just can't connect to them. Is there something that needs to be "turned on"
> on the nt box to allow samba to connect to it? Or could this be a syntax
> problem with the way I invoke smbclient? Any idea would be greatly
> appreciated!

First, go to RedHat's website and download the latest samba. Then, go to
/usr/doc and find the samba docs. Read them, paying special attention to
the section on encrypted passwords.

You don't need NetBEUI, either. Take that * thing off.

1. Can I used NT WINS srvr for linux clients ?

Hi everyone,

I'v been having problem figuring out how would I be able to provide
name services to my linux workstations (localy). I have an NT 4.0
PDC/DHCP/WINS server which is working fine for win 98/win 2000 clients.
But I'm not able to recognise any of my linux workstations. I was
thinking WINS server is the windows version of DNS, I'm I wrong ? is
there another peace that I need to deploy ?. I would really appreciate
any ideas, this thing is almost giving me the white hair.

Sincerely,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Help Wanted - What should I do?

3. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

4. All HAIL Bill GATES, Windows Forever, the KING of all Operating , systems.

5. RFC: Going from NT only to NT/Linux

6. Keyboard and mouse prob. in X

7. Going, going, going, GONE! Bye Windows!

8. Tracking the health of remote Unix servers

9. Samba : cannot access Samba server via NT Domain.

10. Samba als NT-Dom?nenserver für NT 4.0 Workstations

11. NT<->Samba performance depends on _size_ of NT environment variables!?!

12. How to connect NT machine through samba Linux box to NT net?

13. Synchronizing a NT domain with NT 4.0 and Samba servers.