connecting two linux box via lease line modem using ppp

Post by William R. Matti » Sat, 31 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I want to connect two linux boxes via leased line modem (motorola 3266 fast)
> over serial link using ppp protocal.I can connect two linux box with null
> cable but I failed to do that with leased line modem. It always says LCP
> timed out.

> Is it possible or not? If yes, please help me in this reagard.

Should be, though I am not familar with the motorola product. Are they
Sync ?
or Async ??? It makes a big difference. Routers use Sync links all the
time and
one end usually provides timing to the other (CSU's) Or both CSU's will
extract timing from the telco network.

Regards

Bill

--
William R. Mattil       | Fred Astaire wasn't so great.
SSCFI System Admin      | Ginger had to do it all backwards

connecting two linux box via lease line modem using ppp

Post by Rob van der Putte » Sun, 01 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi there

> Should be, though I am not familar with the motorola product. Are they
> Sync ?
> or Async ???

If they are async have a look at the leased line mini howto
If they are sync get a sync card with Linux support (ca $ 500,-)

Regards,
Rob

               http://www.sput.webster.nl/spam-policy.html

1. Linux permanent Line (connection two linux machines over a leased line (permanent telephone line)

Hi

I am trying to configure a ppp server to connection two linux machines
together. Aim is to connect two lans and finally make it possible to connect
into the internet through one server.

The leased line (permanen telephone line) is working. I can connect both
machines via minicom, but i am not able to set up the ppp server. If read
the standard howto's and i haven't solved setting up server and client
probably, whether normal ppp-client is working for other accounts.

Any experiences, suggestions? Help would be real great.

thanks in advance for every help

Christian

2. Network Driver Required

3. How to connect two Linux boxes via Com ports having two wires only

4. Help plz: howto make linux register its hostname with a windows NT DNS server

5. Linux Box Acting as Router Connected to Leased Line?

6. Can't login...

7. connecting two with X-server via modem (Linux X <-modem-> Sun X)

8. exim (was smail) problem

9. 2Linux-Boxes via Analog-Leased-Line.

10. : Connection between two SUNs via a leased line

11. Connecting another LAN to ours via leased line?

12. : Connection between two SUNs via a leased line