Please help - Network Card is not recognized

Please help - Network Card is not recognized

Post by Rana Chak » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Please help me with this annoying problem. I have kernel 2.0.0 which
can't recognise my Genius GE2000III of NE2000 compatiable Net card.
I did everything I know of. I have recomplied the kernel, and changed
the addresses of Net card.

Could any one give me the solution, please?

Rana Chakma

Post by Matt McIntos » Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Please help me with this annoying problem. I have kernel 2.0.0 which
> can't recognise my Genius GE2000III of NE2000 compatiable Net card.
> I did everything I know of. I have recomplied the kernel, and changed
> the addresses of Net card.

> Could any one give me the solution, please?

> Rana Chakma

Yes, take every card out of your computer but needed cards and
an NE2000 set the IRQ to 5 and it will find it as long as you
do not have a lot of just compiled into your kernal...

I would say if this does not work recompile your kernal with
all network and drivers turned off that you do not HAVE to had
to get it to come up and the above driver for NE2000 on IRQ5

Matt

Message boards of all kinds http://www.dboard.com/msgboards
NEW Linux - http://www.dboard.com/linux and many more!

1. please help...! network card not seen

I have a NE2000 compatible ethernet card (ISA slot). How do I get Linux
to recognize
my ethernet card? The machine is connected to a T-1, and Win95 is
co-existing with
Linux.

This is the following message that appears when loading into Linux...

IPX Portions Copyright (c) 1995 Caldera, Inc.
Appletalk 0.17 for Linux NET3.035
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
Your ethernet card was not initialized properly.  Here are some reasons
why
thismay have happened, and the solutions:
1. Your kernel does not contain support for your card.  Including all
the
   network drivers in a Linux kernel can make it too large to even boot,
and
   sometimes including extra drivers can cause system hangs.  To support

your
   ethernet, either edit /etc/rc.d/rc.modules to load the support at
boottime,
   or compile and install a kernel that contains support.
2. You don't have an ethernet card, in which case you should comment out

this
   section of /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.  (Unless you don't mind seeing this
error...)
SIOCADDRT: No such device
SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
Mounting remote file systems...
Starting daemons: syslogd klogd portmap inetd lpd mountd nfsd
Starting sendmail daemon (/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -q15m)...
Running gpm...

Welcome to Linux 2.0.30.

Require help as soon as possible. Really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

2. SVR4, sacadm, no_sac

3. Not able to use 2 network cards simultanously, HELP please

4. Linux Answering Machine

5. Network card not recognised

6. Something like the 'what' user command in UNIX

7. NETWORK CARD NOT RECOGNIZED

8. Simulate Disk cash on non hot pluggable harddisk

9. Asus TUSI-M Network Card Not Recognized

10. 3com 3c905 PCI networking card not recognized (solution)

11. EtherExpress 82557 Network card not being recognized

12. network card not recognized

13. Network Card not recognised in Linux