Mail Spooler....

Post by Brad McMaha » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

    I would like to setup a system that would execpt email for a domain if
the main mail server is down.  In the DNS I would have two MX records.  My
question is how do I setup the sendmail on the mail spooler to except mail
for that domain and then forward it to the real mail server when it's up
again?

Brad

Mail Spooler....

Post by Andrzej Fili » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>     I would like to setup a system that would execpt email for a domain if
> the main mail server is down.  In the DNS I would have two MX records.  My
> question is how do I setup the sendmail on the mail spooler to except mail
> for that domain and then forward it to the real mail server when it's up
> again?

> Brad

Just make sure that antispam rules allow relaying email for primary
via secondary.

redhat:
add the domain name to /etc/mail/relay_allow and restart sendmail.

That's all.

For more details:

http://www.sendmail.org/faq

--
Andrzej (Andrew) A. Filip

1. POP3 Error: mail spooler in user...by who??]

--------------1E8C7C54650B666DF7F3DA29

What could be using the mail spooler that is causing the POP3 protocol
to return the message:  /usr/spool/mail/druthino is in user?  Any help
is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
  David Ruthinowski

--------------1E8C7C54650B666DF7F3DA29

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 11:27:30 -0400

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.networking
Subject: POP3 Error:  mail spooler in user...by who??

<HTML>
What could be using the mail spooler that is causing the POP3 protocol
to respond, /var/mail&nbsp;&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------1E8C7C54650B666DF7F3DA29--

2. RETRACTION: xbiff is NOT broken.

3. uniVerse spooler to AIX spooler

4. boot problem on SCO UNIX 5.0.0

5. LP spooler constantly mailing to users

6. Help: bizarre shimmer on Mach32...goes away after screen blank

7. LP Spooler Mail (stty: no such device)

8. AverTVPhone + radio ?

9. How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails

10. Moving mail from /var/mail to ~/mail?

11. Is there a mail program that can read mail (as root) from /var/spool/mail/xxx?

12. mail folder is in /var/mail or /var/spool/mail

13. Using mail/Mail to send HTML mail via SMTP