Suck kills news after downloading all of them

Suck kills news after downloading all of them

Post by Nikolaus Jozefi » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi!
I installed SUCK 3.5.1 and created the killfile. Now it seems that
Suck first downloads all news and then starts the deletion of them.
But the man pages say that it should sort them out before downloading

1. Suck (news downloader) kill-file problem

Hello!

I've a serious problem with suck, my killfiles simply don't always work.
I read alt.humor and alt.tasteless.jokes, and I only want to download
the jokes, without the comments.

So I kill everything with "Re:" in the subject, I thought it was enough,
but suck still downloads some of it. :-(

I have the following files:

,---- suckxover
`----

,---- suckxover.delete.Res
| Subject:Re:
| References:....
`----

From the logs it's clear that it works:

,----
| ARTICLE KILLED XOVER: group alt.tasteless.jokes - Xover - Match on Header-Referenc

| ic.lawson.webtv.net>
|
| ARTICLE KILLED XOVER: group alt.humor - Xover - Match on Header-Subject:Re: This i

`----

But still a lot of message that should be killed (Subject starts with
Re:, has references header ...) get downloaded, I don't have a clue what
went wrong and where... :-o

--
 ============
// Garbenn //

2. DIP: Abort with errors..Help!

3. X-windows sucks..sucks...sucks!!!!

4. WANTED: A public-domain 'script' program.

5. in innd news server how to set some user can kill news ?

6. CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS: OMG Distibuted Object Security (DOCSec 2002) Workshop

7. Am I missing something or does Netscape's NEWS reader suck?

8. hdisk0 switching in "read-only" mode

9. Suck & News

10. suck: How to download only messages from a user in a newsgroup

11. Suck News program for telnet available..

12. suck-3.5.0 - pull news from remote NNTP server

13. Offline news with SUCK