HELP! DIP error: Unknown server error.

Post by Michael V. Hoffm » Mon, 02 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to using slip with my Slackware 3.0 Unix set up.
Everything seems to be set up ok.  I have tcp/ip running
have the system looped back. and I have a nfs name in the
hosts file.  I can get a connection to the net via minicom
but for some odd reason whenever I try to run the dip
program I get an error saying
unknown server error.

I can't even run it in test mode?

Any info is appreciated.

Mike

HELP! DIP error: Unknown server error.

Post by Bill Mccart » Mon, 02 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I am trying to using slip with my Slackware 3.0 Unix set up.
>Everything seems to be set up ok.  I have tcp/ip running
>have the system looped back. and I have a nfs name in the
>hosts file.  I can get a connection to the net via minicom
>but for some odd reason whenever I try to run the dip
>program I get an error saying
>unknown server error.

>I can't even run it in test mode?

>Any info is appreciated.

>Mike

Make sure you have your host name setup in /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname.
Hope this helps.

L I N U \/
        /\
Savannah, Ga

1. Help: dip error 'unknown server error'

Hi,

        I setup my slip with dip, and I got the error message as

        % dip xxx.dip
        unknown server error

        The same package works on my friend's system. I wonder it's a
simple configuration error. Any help will be appreciated!

Tsai

2. Porting of TclVogle to Linux

3. dip error "unknown server error"

4. httpd in ksh?

5. DIP gives error:Unknown server error

6. Matrox Meteor II on SGI O2 machine.

7. DIP: unknown server error HELP!

8. FreeBSD vs. Linux

9. DIP, SLIP, Unknown Server Error HELP!

10. dip :unknown server error (HELP!)

11. DIP: Unknown Server Error, help!

12. Help! dip 'Unknown server error'

13. Help-> dip "unknown server error"