Two network cards on linux box

Post by Hrvoje Sert » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 22:13:08

Dear Sir,
Im working on a embedded pc solution that uses Lineo's Embedix.
I need to use two network cards with one IP address. I want to have
hw redudancy, so if one network cable is unplugged, my pc is working normally.
Can You please tell me how to achieve that, where to look
for information.
Thanks in advance,
Hrvoje Sertic
Ericsson

Two network cards on linux box

Post by James Gillard - DCi Net Admi » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:11:36

Don't know if this helps but....
I've one network card in my linux box connected to my hub using both Cat5 &
BNC Coax. It auto selects the 10BASET (cat5) but if that gets unplugged it
defaults to 10BASE2 (BNC). Don't know if this is what you had in mind but it
works for me.

Cheers
James