Dual Gateways, redundant connections to internet, IP forwarding

Dual Gateways, redundant connections to internet, IP forwarding

Post by Chris Taniguch » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

I have a network with two connections to the internet, T-1 fractional
and HDSL, in order to provide a redundant link to the internet for the
network. I'd like to use Linux 2.2.12-20 (Redhat 6.1) connected to the
HDSL to provide another default gateway to the internet for the network
which is defaulted to use the T-1 frac line.  I can configure the NT
servers to use dual gateways, not sure about the win9x clients but
looking into that.  I have two NICs installed and running correctly in
the linux box, what do i need to do to have the NIC connected to the
lan/T-1 frac forward to the HDSL-connected NIC when/if the T-1 frac
fails?

i'm probably sounding obtuse, please excuse.
thanks,
Chris

1. Routing Redundant Internet Connections Using IP Masquerading

Currently I am using IP Masquerading to segment an internal network from the
internet.  IP Masquerading is set to point to an Internet Router's IP
address.  I am brining in a second T1 for redundancy purposes.  At the very
least I would like to configure IP Masquerading so that in the event of the
main T1 failing it would automatically route to the secondary T1.  Ideally I
would like to have load balancing occur between the two T1's.  Can anyone
think of a way that this could be possible using IP Masquerading.  If not,
what is another method that woud accomplish this goal.

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

2. How to make Linux recognise more than 64 MB RAM

3. ip-routing / maquerading / dual internet gateway

4. HELP: Bootling Linux Install from LS-120 Drive

5. 3 PC Network, 1 ppp connection to internet - IP Forwarding???

6. Unsetting IFS

7. 3 nic -s, 1 lan, 2 internet connections, ip based routing and gateway problems.

8. usb floppy, devfsd, 2.4, debian unstable -- how?

9. Q about redundant internet feeds, multiple gateways, redhat 7

10. Redundant Internet Connection

11. Multiple (Redundant) Internet Connection

12. Redundant internet connections