FS HP Jet direct EX plus 3

Post by pnoybo » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

HP print server forsale New in box all drivers but manual is a complete
photocopy .sells for $500 plus .email offers thanks

1. HP Jet Direct EX Plus 3

Can anyone help me get a Plus 3 setup in Linux? I can get ordinary
JetDirect servers to work OK, and as far as I can see, the way to
differentiate between the 3 ports on the parallel interface is solely by
using TEXT1, TEXT2 & TEXT3 as the rp arguments in /etc/printcap.
However, I can't get anything to print from the 2nd & 3rd ports, and can
only print half a file after sending the job via lpr at least six times
in succession - clearly I must be doing something wrong.

The server works correctly in other OS's, so I am sure it's just a Linux
setup problem.
My printcap looks like:
lp|dot:\
 :lp=:\
 :rm=hpext:\
 :rp=text1:\
 :sd=/usr/spool/lp:\
 :mx#0:\
 :lf=/usr/spool/lp/ERRORLOG:\
 :sh:

lp1|label:\
 :lp=:\
 :rm=hpext:\
 :sd=/usr/spool/lp1:\
 :rp=text2:\
 :mx#0:\
 :sh:\
 :lf=/usr/spool/lp1/ERRORLOG:

lp2|canon|photo:\
 :lp=:\
 :rm=hpext:\
 :sd=/usr/spool/lp2:\
 :rp=text3:\
 :mx#0:\
 :sh:\
 :lf=/usr/spool/lp2/ERRORLOG:

lp3|1600c:\
 :lp=:\
 :rm=1600c:\
 :rp=text:\
 :sd=/usr/spool/lp3:\
 :mx#0:\
 :sh:\
 :lf=/usr/spool/lp3/ERRORLOG:

Any ideas, anyone? HP couldn't help, of course!

2. Problem.....connection closed by foreign host

3. HP Jet Direct EX & lprng

4. Subnets

5. Help: HP Jet Direct EX

6. setting NGROUPS_MAX

7. Help:HP Jet Direct EX???

8. Advice needed on serial_port_read/write in Unix

9. printing to HP IIIsi with HP jet direct card, Linux driver?

10. Re HPjet Direct ex plus 3

11. adding Laser Jet with Jet Direct

12. Trouble with HP JetDirect EX Plus 3 Print Server

13. Printing to HP JetDirect EX Plus external print server