mouse problem trying to switch to three button

mouse problem trying to switch to three button

Post by Rodger Wilso » Thu, 09 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I used to have a MS 2 button mouse however 2 buttons gets old really fast!

So I pulled a 3 button mouse out of the closet that I should have been
using from the start.  However I can't get the driver to work with it.

I has a switch on the bottom that can switch between ms/pc however I can't
get it to work (I know the mouse works)

should I change the file /etc/sysconfig/mouse

(oh yeah I am using red hat 4.1)

Rodger

mouse problem trying to switch to three button

Post by Nathan » Mon, 13 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> So I pulled a 3 button mouse out of the closet that I should have been
> using from the start.  However I can't get the driver to work with it.
> I has a switch on the bottom that can switch between ms/pc however I can't
> get it to work (I know the mouse works)
> should I change the file /etc/sysconfig/mouse
> (oh yeah I am using red hat 4.1)

In RH4.2 there is a program (/usr/sbin/mouseconfig ?)that will allow you to reset your
mouse. This is the same as is what is used in the original setup.

later,
 Nathan.

   **  nathand  at  avon_net_au  **
  Please remove ANTI_SPAM if replying.

Post by Geoff Sho » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

:
: So I pulled a 3 button mouse out of the closet that I should have been
: using from the start.  However I can't get the driver to work with it.
:
: I has a switch on the bottom that can switch between ms/pc however I can't
: get it to work (I know the mouse works)

Solutions to your problem are to be found in the 3 Button Serial mouse
mini-HOWTO, at your local sunsite mirror or direct from :

        http://kipper.york.ac.uk/mouse.html

        Geoff
Ever sit and watch ants? They're always busy with                Geoff Short

can't identify with that kind of work ethic. http://kipper.york.ac.uk/~geoff

1. middle mouse button on three button mice

does anyone have a functioning 3-button mouse with a "Chic" label on top
who can get the middle button te be recognised by gpm/X.

when the button is pressed. I don't know what else and will only
investigate if there is nothing I have missed to set it up.

Under gpm it functions on the newer pnp type, it sends a M on opening
the serial port.

If anyone can point me to a version of gpm which can use it I would be
grateful.
I do know how to get at the source and hack in the support if nessacary
but I don't want to unless I have to.

2. Machine can't read root filesystem

3. Three button mouse problem (only works in 2 button mode) ?

4. root's shell, /sbin/sh, /bin/sh and /usr/ksh

5. PS2 third party three button mice?

6. Substitution of $@

7. third button event using 2 button mouse

8. Testers needed for 2.4 highmem IO

9. KeyMouse 3-button mouse - anyone get the third button working?

10. 2 button mouse (how to get third button)

11. Three-button mouse via mouse port?

12. Three Button Mouse Problems

13. How do I get at other mouse buttons on one button Mac mouse?