telnet works, rsh worked, now it doesn't

telnet works, rsh worked, now it doesn't

Post by Neil Zanell » Mon, 12 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I have two ISP's, say "A" and "B". Both "A" and "B" offer modem connections.

When I use "A" I can telnet and rsh to 134.153.1.244 (a Linux box).

When I use connection "B" I can telnet to 134.153.1.244 but when I rsh to it

I get timeout errors. I thought telnet and rsh were essentially the same thing.

Are they not? Why are things not working?

Thanks,

Neil

1. newbie: rsh and telnet doesn't work

Hi,

While I would like to use my personal computer (at home)
for executing PVM on a single computer in linux, it is
necessary for me to be able to telnet and to rsh to my own
computer.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. The "remote computer"
answers with "connection refused".

How can I set up my conf files in order to be able to rsh to
my local system?

Thanx,

   Jan

2. AIX 4.x grep differences

3. telnet to linux Backspace work; rsh xterm Backspace don't work

4. Install Problems

5. rsh localhost works, rsh by name doesn't

6. How to see the full name of a script in the process table?

7. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

8. help needed for ctags

9. 98 telnet doesn't work but ftp works

10. On a Linux router, ftp& telnet works but ping doesn't work .

11. why doesn't my rsh work

12. why rsh doesn't work ???

13. rsh doesn't work. Please help