Anybody know of a good 802.3x Ethernet simulator?

Anybody know of a good 802.3x Ethernet simulator?

Post by Timothy Gaastr » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I'm currently looking into modifying the pause protocol a bit for 802.3x
Ethernet switches and am wondering if anybody knows of a good freely
available simulation of a full-duplex Ethernet switch... My current choices
are either to use OPNET, which is somewhat expensive and which I have some
reservations about, or to try and write my own from the base up, which would
require months of verification to be sure that I was writing something
reasonable.

I just want some ideas of what other people out there are using before I go
and try to reinvent the wheel.

Tim Gaastra

1. Does anybody knows NS-2 simulator?

Hi everybody!
I'm a "newbie" student of ns-2, making a homework for the University. My
question is: if a TCL script for a simulation has a random source of
traffic (like Exponential), if I repeat the simulation more times have
the trace files to change?
I repeated 10 times but trace file remains the same, same events at the
same time :(

THNX a lot

Ice

2. Memory clean up

3. docs for SVR4 form(3x), menu(3x), and panel(3x)

4. kppp hiccup on new install

5. 802.11b (WiFi) honey pot - anybody set one up ?

6. Netgear NAT strips CGI parameters

7. 802.11a/b/g pcmcia card with support for 802.11h

8. Gnome version in YDL 2.1

9. Is there anybody knowing a good "pen" as substitute for the mouse?

10. help! anybody know of good scripting book?

11. Does anybody know a good book about programming for Linux?

12. Anybody knows of a good newsreader?

13. My E310 drive failed, anybody know a good repair depot?