wvdial works, kppp doesn't !

Post by Chris Adam » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I am having trouble with kppp under SuSE 6.2. My system is as follows.

Celeron 333
Gigabyte GA-6BXE motherboard
voodoo 3 2000 AGP graphics card
linux installed on hda with win98 on hdb
Topic 56k external modem on com1

Having installed linux, I tried to make a dial up connection. Using wvdial,
after setting
up my username, password, IP address etc... I had no trouble making a PPP
conection
with my service provider.

So far so good.

Then tried the same with kppp (1.16.10 I think, on KDE 1.1.1), but I always
end up with
the message 'NO CARRIER' before any number is dialled. Can anyone suggest
what could be
the problem. I haven't made any special changes to wither program.

Thanks

Chris

Remove 'nospam.' to reply

P.S. I can attempt to post my config files, but when I do, my modem hangs
(in win98 AND linux)!!

1. wvdial works, kppp doesn't!

Hi,

I am having trouble with kppp under SuSE 6.2. My system is as follows.

Celeron 333
Gigabyte GA-6BXE motherboard
voodoo 3 2000 AGP graphics card
linux installed on hda with win98 on hdb
Topic 56k external modem on com1

Having installed linux, I tried to make a dial up connection. Using
wvdial, after setting up my username, password, IP address etc...
I had no trouble making a PPP conection with my service provider.

So far so good.

Then tried the same with kppp (1.16.10 I think on KDE 1.1.1), but
I always end up with the message 'NO CARRIER' before any number is
dialled. Can anyone suggest what could be the problem.

Thanks,
Chris

Remove 'nospam.' to reply

P.S. I can attempt to provide copies of my kpprc file and my wvdial.conf
file, but when I include them in this message my modem resets itself
before sending the message - weird!

2. IP-Masquerade

3. Diald and wvdial doesn't work.

4. Solaris make oddity.

5. minicom works, wvdial doesn't. PPP?

6. syslog for mulptiple hosts logging to a single server?

7. Don't even try to use kppp with Mindspring - Doesn't work at all

8. ipchains multimasq

9. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

10. kppp and Debian 2.1: doesn't work

11. KPPP Works, IFUP Doesn't

12. Xisp works, kppp doesn't

13. kppp doesn't work for the user