Setup printer attached to DSL/Cable router in Linux

Setup printer attached to DSL/Cable router in Linux

Post by Andreas O. Jauns » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 06:16:02

I have a D-Link 713P router which enables me to connect my HP 970Cxi printer
by serial cable to the router so that it can be accessed by all computers on the
network (in Win9x,2000,XP that is). Is it possible to configure Linux to access
this printer also ? if so how ?

Thanks,
Andreas

Setup printer attached to DSL/Cable router in Linux

Post by David Efflan » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 09:33:06

Quote:> I have a D-Link 713P router which enables me to connect my HP 970Cxi printer
> by serial cable to the router so that it can be accessed by all computers on the
> network (in Win9x,2000,XP that is). Is it possible to configure Linux to access
> this printer also ? if so how ?

Check the D-Link (Hardware) forum at http://www.dslreports.com/
I have a DI-704, but without the P, so I am not sure how their printserver
works.  But my Linksys switch/printserver works fine with lpr in Linux.
Just a matter of finding out the name of the print queue on the device.
If there are any instructions for printing from NT, that might give a
clue.