DHCP client not working

Post by Matt Coolin » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 01:14:43

I've just installed RedHat 6.2, and am trying to get DHCP working. My DHCP
server is running on Windows NT, and the DHCP manager shows that an IP
address has been assigned to the linux machine.

When I ping the local machine using it's hostname, it returns the loopback
address 127.0.0.1. However, I can ping the address assigned by the DHCP
server to the machine, and a response is returned.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Matt

--------------------

Matt Cooling

www  http://www.mattcooling.co.uk/

DHCP client not working

Post by Matt Coolin » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 05:09:52

That'll be because there's no DNS set up!!

Can anyone explain why apache won't startup. A brief message is display
during boot-up, but disappears when the login screen is shown?

TIA

Matt

--

--------------------

Matt Cooling

www  http://www.mattcooling.co.uk/

> I've just installed RedHat 6.2, and am trying to get DHCP working. My DHCP
> server is running on Windows NT, and the DHCP manager shows that an IP
> address has been assigned to the linux machine.

> When I ping the local machine using it's hostname, it returns the loopback
> address 127.0.0.1. However, I can ping the address assigned by the DHCP
> server to the machine, and a response is returned.

> Any suggestions?

> TIA

> Matt

> --------------------

> Matt Cooling

> www  http://www.mattcooling.co.uk/

DHCP client not working

Post by The Dr » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:08:40

What do the logs say?
Which version of Apache are you using?
(Win32 or Unix ?   v1.3.12 ?)
Check your httpd.conf file to make sure you changed all the references
to indicate the local machine.

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000 21:09:52 +0100, "Matt Cooling"

>That'll be because there's no DNS set up!!

>Can anyone explain why apache won't startup. A brief message is display
>during boot-up, but disappears when the login screen is shown?

>TIA

>Matt

>--

>--------------------

>Matt Cooling

>www  http://www.mattcooling.co.uk/

>> I've just installed RedHat 6.2, and am trying to get DHCP working. My DHCP
>> server is running on Windows NT, and the DHCP manager shows that an IP
>> address has been assigned to the linux machine.

>> When I ping the local machine using it's hostname, it returns the loopback
>> address 127.0.0.1. However, I can ping the address assigned by the DHCP
>> server to the machine, and a response is returned.

>> Any suggestions?

>> TIA

>> Matt

>> --------------------

>> Matt Cooling

>> www  http://www.mattcooling.co.uk/

DHCP client not working

Post by Matt Coolin » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Thanks - I hadn't set ServerName in httpd.conf.

Cheers

Matt

--

--------------------

Matt Cooling

www  http://www.mattcooling.co.uk/

> What do the logs say?
> Which version of Apache are you using?
> (Win32 or Unix ?   v1.3.12 ?)
> Check your httpd.conf file to make sure you changed all the references
> to indicate the local machine.

> On Mon, 11 Sep 2000 21:09:52 +0100, "Matt Cooling"

> >That'll be because there's no DNS set up!!

> >Can anyone explain why apache won't startup. A brief message is display
> >during boot-up, but disappears when the login screen is shown?

> >TIA

> >Matt

> >--

> >--------------------

> >Matt Cooling

> >www  http://www.mattcooling.co.uk/

> >> I've just installed RedHat 6.2, and am trying to get DHCP working. My
DHCP
> >> server is running on Windows NT, and the DHCP manager shows that an IP
> >> address has been assigned to the linux machine.

> >> When I ping the local machine using it's hostname, it returns the
loopback
> >> address 127.0.0.1. However, I can ping the address assigned by the DHCP
> >> server to the machine, and a response is returned.

> >> Any suggestions?

> >> TIA

> >> Matt

> >> --------------------

> >> Matt Cooling

> >> www  http://www.mattcooling.co.uk/

1. ** SuSE 8.1 DHCP client not working!

Dear All,

I have installed SuSE 8.1 on my SMP machine and its DHCP client can't get IP
address from our DHCP server. RedHat 8.0 can do the job, though. I didn't
encounter this problem with older SuSE.
Any comments or directions are more than welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Morris

2. Broadcom 10/100/1000 network cards and linux

3. dhcp client not work how expected on my Suse linux 8.1

4. DiskSuite help

5. dhcp client not working

6. HELP !!!! MS-Word Password Problem

7. ** SuSE 8.1 DHCP client not working!

8. Linux to NT printing

9. DHCP Client not working with ADSL and Bellsouth.net

10. Dynamic DNS not working with Solaris DHCP/DNS server and win clients