FTP files corrupted, when downloading from another machine.

FTP files corrupted, when downloading from another machine.

Post by Terence Parke » Tue, 11 May 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone think of any reason why, when I FTP'd into another Linux machine
(Red Hat 5.2 though that is irrelavent), the stuff I downloaded was
garbled - i.e. I could not decompress it correctly. I did set the download
to 'Binary', so that is not the problem.

The client was using a Linux machine, and so was the server - both of which
are on the same network. The file sizes even match after the download, but
they still refuse to decompress because they are corrupted in some way.
FTPing to commercial sites has no problems though - only to the other Linux
machine setup on the same network.

Thanks in advance,
Terence Parker.