how to link two pc?

Post by lkw » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

hi everybody,

right now i have two pc linking by a BNC cable...one is running RedHat 6.0
and the other is running window95. so how shall i configure in Linux so as
to be able to ping my Win95 pc or vice versa? i am using TCp/IP in win95, so
how shall i set this protocol in Linux?

another question is it may due to my network card problem, so how shall i
check whether my network card is properly installed?

thanks....yr help would be greatly appreciated!!

lkw.

how to link two pc?

Post by d.t. pelika » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

cific.net.sg...

first step: check out if your network module was loaded properly in linux.
for my NE2000 card the command is

modprobe ne io=0x340
but you can also in /proc/net/

then you should set up your network with linuxconf network base configuratio
both machines must be on the same netmask: ex: 255.255.255.0
your MSSux machine IP ex: 192.168.200.4
your REDHAT IP ex: 192.168.200.3
confirm all and leave linuxconf

last step: check out on the linuxmachine if your network was installed with
command.

ifconfig

then it lists all net devices, eth0 and lo and IP's and Subnetmask

1. Linking two PC together...

Hi,

I'm very new to Linux.  So I encounter quite a lot of problems when playing
with it.

Well, I have two PC at home, one is 486DX-50 and one is only 286 w/ 1MB RAM.
They are linked together using 2 ethernet card (NE2000 compatible).  I have
installed Linux in the 486.  Now, I want to use also the 286 (running DOS)
to remote login to the 486.  But I just don't know what to do.

Could anyone tell me where I can get reference about this? or explain it to
me here?  Thank you very much.

--

The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Department of Computer Science (Year 2)

2. X windows ftp client for linux

3. How to link two PCs via ethernet cards

4. Linux and Apache Twicks

5. Linking two PCs running either DOS/Linux/Window/X

6. HELP: Alignment suppression in C/UNIX

7. Unresolved symbols in modules during startup

8. linking two linux PCs through comm ports

9. two modem; two ppp link to internet and double the performance

10. Networking between two PC with both having two Ethernet port

11. Newbie connect question: Two PCs, both RH 5.1, two NE2000 cards: failure to ping!!!!!!!!!!!