Password Problem

Post by Richar » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

When I try to log on from my win98 box I get the
message  "The Domain password you supplied is
not correct, or access to your logon server has been denied".
I think I've set everything correctly in the smb.conf file.
I'm able to ping either way so at lest I know I've got
connection.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance,
Richard

Password Problem

Post by np.. » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> When I try to log on from my win98 box I get the
> message  "The Domain password you supplied is
> not correct, or access to your logon server has been denied".
> I think I've set everything correctly in the smb.conf file.
> I'm able to ping either way so at lest I know I've got
> connection.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance,
> Richard

hi richie,
this is another case of NOT ENOUGH INFO.

did you set up samba to be your domain-master?
did you enable encryption?
did you create a smbpasswd file, with a password for the user you trying
to login with?
tried another user with a valid password?

--
'...' said the joker to the thief
'there's too much confusion, i cant get no relief...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Password Problem

Post by perc » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

you must read c:\windows dir \network.txt file.
there is a part of samba and windows 98.
it is a good information for you

Quote:> When I try to log on from my win98 box I get the
> message  "The Domain password you supplied is
> not correct, or access to your logon server has been denied".
> I think I've set everything correctly in the smb.conf file.
> I'm able to ping either way so at lest I know I've got
> connection.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance,
> Richard

1. password problem

I'm running slakware 2.0.29 and have a problem with the /etc/passwd
file.  I forgot the root password so I went to delete the enrypted
password from this file under DOS. The file, instead of showing an
encrypted password, just shows an x.  I deleted it, leaving no space,
and it didn't work.  Then I replaced it, and I was asked for a password,
I put a space in and it also asked me for a password.  Any suggestions
on how I am supposed to fix this?

Thanks

BoB

2. NT to Linux -- porting MS Outlook mail messages to Unix fmt

3. Password problem

4. IPtables/GUI/Failover

5. Strange password problem

6. Color Depth in Xserver