Proxy/Ip-masquerade & NT & accounting

Post by Daniel Gib » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I'm currently running a small (8Pc's & 1 Linux box) TCP network.
I want to set up the Linux box as a proxy server to connect us to the net.
I've had pppd runnung ages ago, but now it's more complex as the ISP uses
dynamic addressing rather than static.
I also need to know who's using the link when and for how long..
Can any one help? Or know where the relevent HOWTO's are.
chears
dan gibbs

Post by Gill offic » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I'm currently running a small (8Pc's & 1 Linux box) TCP network.
> I want to set up the Linux box as a proxy server to connect us to the net.
> I've had pppd runnung ages ago, but now it's more complex as the ISP uses
> dynamic addressing rather than static.
> I also need to know who's using the link when and for how long..

Lots of help:

http://www.csn.tu-chemnitz.de/HyperNews/get/linux-ip-nat.html
http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/
http://rlz.ne.mediaone.net/linux/index3.shtml