NETGEAR FA410 Can PING out can't be PING'd

NETGEAR FA410 Can PING out can't be PING'd

Post by John Kroubalkia » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 13:57:40

Weird one here....I have a Dell Laptop with a PCMCIA Netgear FA410 network
card.

Up until recently I was able to communicate to and from this machine on my
subnet.

Now, for some weird reason machines on my subnet cannot ping my machine?
But this RedHat 7.0 installation can ping other non-Linux boxes (WinNT,
Win98, etc)

Any ideas?

Also, I get an insmod error on boot-up

Regards,
John

1. Canned "ping"

    Within a ksh script, I would like to first determine whether or not
a remote
host is alive before I attempt other network access to it, (file reads
or writes).
The ping command seems to be the logical solution, but if I have to wait
for
the ping command to fail due to network time-out to indicate that the
remote
host is not available I've gained nothing over just letting my other
network
access commands time-out.

    Is there a way to execute ping wrapped in a timer - such as in a
subprocess
that gets killed by it's parent if it doesn't end within a practical
time interval?
It seems to me that that should work, but what I'm really looking for is

someone who would share code that has already been written.

    Much appreciated.

2. Access tape archives over TCP/IP ?

3. It's not bad canned meat...

4. Color affects refresh rates!

5. NE1000 and Slackware 1.1.1

6. D-link DE220 can PING his own IP, but can't PING others'

7. Porting to Linux/Unix

8. ping -g 'gateway-IP' 'host-IP' DOESN'T work!

9. 'ping' sees route but 'telnet' doesn't??

10. Can ping "localhost" but can't ping my own IP...why?

11. Can't ping local host but can ping others

12. Win98 can ping Linux, but Linux can't ping Win98 box