ipchains: How do I forward packets from a specific port to another machine?

ipchains: How do I forward packets from a specific port to another machine?

Post by Ric » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi. I am currently using Red Hat 6 as my server.  I have ipchains
setup to route packets to and from my internal LAN.  What I am trying
to do is the following: I have a Solaris 7 machine on my internal LAN.
I can telnet to the Red Hat machine from any computer that is
connected to the internet.  If I want to telnet to the Solaris
machine, I have to telnet to the Red Hat machine first and then telnet
to the Solaris machine.  Is there a way to setup the server to forward
a specific port to the the Solaris machine?  I have experimented but
have not been able to figure this one out.

Thanks,
Rick

ipchains: How do I forward packets from a specific port to another machine?

Post by Scott Simpso » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Port forwarding. Forward port 23 (telnet) to your Solaris box. See
http://home.earthlink.net/~simpson3

ipchains: How do I forward packets from a specific port to another machine?

Post by Daniel Kiracof » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi. I am currently using Red Hat 6 as my server.  I have ipchains
> setup to route packets to and from my internal LAN.  What I am trying
> to do is the following: I have a Solaris 7 machine on my internal LAN.
> I can telnet to the Red Hat machine from any computer that is
> connected to the internet.  If I want to telnet to the Solaris
> machine, I have to telnet to the Red Hat machine first and then telnet
> to the Solaris machine.  Is there a way to setup the server to forward
> a specific port to the the Solaris machine?  I have experimented but
> have not been able to figure this one out.

 I think what you want to use here is a package called ipportfw. A quick
search on google should turn up a URL to download it from...

--
/* Daniel */
http://users.gurulink.com/drk

"Fear is only afraid of the absence of itself" - Mediocrates