searching docs or sources of little tcp/ip-programs

searching docs or sources of little tcp/ip-programs

Post by Jürgen Die » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

hi,
can anyone give me some docs or source codes
of small tcp/ip programs? I need them for
learning how to program tcp/ip under linux.
Thanx
Jrgen

Post by William R. Matti » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

> hi,
> can anyone give me some docs or source codes
> of small tcp/ip programs? I need them for
> learning how to program tcp/ip under linux.
> Thanx
> Jrgen

If you are interested in Unix socket programming and such I would
strongly recommend that you get hold of a copy of the Unix Network
Programming Book by W. Rchard Stevens. While it is not inexpensive it is
well worth the money. There are three volumes in the set but the 1st
would be the one to get.

Regards
Bill
PS: While pointed at the Unix Industry it is 100% applicable to Linux.

--
William R. Mattil       | Fred Astaire wasn't so great.

(972) 399-4106          | and... in high heels.

1. TCP/IP Docs and Utils, ELM Docs, WERER ???

hi

I am looking for DOCs on installing TCP/IP on a Linux machine. The docs comming
with SLS are not too explicid on that. Also I am interested in Internet
Management Tools (for this installation)

I've also got a problem with the ELM DOcs included in SLS. They are somewhat
unreadable, ie all the keywords are missing, so where can I get the REAl ELM
reference guide ?

Thanx
  Chris

2. Help! zs3: Silo overflow

3. help with tcp/ip programming, maybe example source?

4. pgp for mush?

5. need recommendation for good TCP\IP program and Terminal Program for FREEBSD 2.2.6

6. Video RAM in protected mode (i386)

7. DOCS: novell TCP/IP adm.Where?

8. HELP: Compaq Presario 8702

9. TCP/IP docs

10. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP