troube with swat

Post by richard noel fel » Thu, 15 Jan 2004 03:20:20

I am trying to use swat to configure samba, but I get the error message
"the connection was refused when trying to contact localhost:901".  Does
anyone have any  idea what I can do to correct this? I am running redhat
9.0 on intel.
Thanks,
* Fell

troube with swat

Post by mao » Thu, 15 Jan 2004 04:01:59

> I am trying to use swat to configure samba, but I get the error message
> "the connection was refused when trying to contact localhost:901".  Does
> anyone have any  idea what I can do to correct this? I am running redhat
> 9.0 on intel.
> Thanks,
>* Fell

see /etc/xinetd.d/swat
disable must be set to "no"

then

service xinetd restart

and apache must be running!

troube with swat

Post by TCS » Thu, 15 Jan 2004 04:11:01

Quote:>I am trying to use swat to configure samba, but I get the error message
>"the connection was refused when trying to contact localhost:901".  Does
>anyone have any  idea what I can do to correct this? I am running redhat
>9.0 on intel.

Do you have swat enabled in /etc/xinetd.d/swat ? ( "disabled=no" )

troube with swat

Post by j.. » Thu, 15 Jan 2004 04:40:39

Quote:> I am trying to use swat to configure samba, but I get the error
> message "the connection was refused when trying to contact
> localhost:901".  Does anyone have any idea what I can do to correct
> this? I am running redhat 9.0 on intel.

There should be a HOTO collection in /usr/share/doc/samba*/docs that
says how to configure swat or you could just manually add it to
/etc/xinetd.d. Here's my swat file from there:

# default: off
#              to configure your Samba server. To use SWAT, \
#              connect to port 901 with your favorite web browser.
service swat
{
        disable = no
        port            = 901
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        only_from       = 127.0.0.1
        user            = root
        server          = /usr/sbin/swat
        log_on_failure  += USERID

Quote:}

This probably already exists and all you need to do is make sure
"disable = no", then send xinetd SIGHUP.

If you're on RedHat 9.0 however, I find it's a lot easier to use the
RedHat config tool. From the start menu, select "System Settings" ->
"Server Settings" -> "Samba Server". Or run
/usr/bin/redhat-config-samba.

I don't do much with samba except share directories and a printer with
my wife's computer, so swat may allow you to make it more secure than
the redhat config tool

Joe

troube with swat

Post by ynotsso » Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:02:49

Quote:> see /etc/xinetd.d/swat
> disable must be set to "no"
> then
> service xinetd restart
> and apache must be running!

Nonsense. SWAT has no relation to Apache in any way, other than that both
applications serve HTML.

Neither is required for the use of the other.

-----==  Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

troube with swat

Post by richard noel fel » Thu, 15 Jan 2004 06:29:34

> I am trying to use swat to configure samba, but I get the error
> message "the connection was refused when trying to contact
> localhost:901".  Does anyone have any  idea what I can do to correct
> this? I am running redhat 9.0 on intel.
> Thanks,
>* Fell

Thanks to all who time to reply.
* Fell

troube with swat

Post by richard noel fel » Thu, 15 Jan 2004 06:31:15

Joe -
Your advice to use the redhat config tool was put to good use. My linux
machine now shows up on my xp machine. Now, to configure the linux
printer to work from the xp. I may be back for more help.
Thanks,
* Fell

>>I am trying to use swat to configure samba, but I get the error
>>message "the connection was refused when trying to contact
>>localhost:901".  Does anyone have any idea what I can do to correct
>>this? I am running redhat 9.0 on intel.

>There should be a HOTO collection in /usr/share/doc/samba*/docs that
>says how to configure swat or you could just manually add it to
>/etc/xinetd.d. Here's my swat file from there:

># default: off
>#              to configure your Samba server. To use SWAT, \
>#              connect to port 901 with your favorite web browser.
>service swat
>{
>        disable = no
>        port            = 901
>        socket_type     = stream
>        wait            = no
>        only_from       = 127.0.0.1
>        user            = root
>        server          = /usr/sbin/swat
>        log_on_failure  += USERID
>}

>This probably already exists and all you need to do is make sure
>"disable = no", then send xinetd SIGHUP.

>If you're on RedHat 9.0 however, I find it's a lot easier to use the
>RedHat config tool. From the start menu, select "System Settings" ->
>"Server Settings" -> "Samba Server". Or run
>/usr/bin/redhat-config-samba.

>I don't do much with samba except share directories and a printer with
>my wife's computer, so swat may allow you to make it more secure than
>the redhat config tool

>Joe

1. Troube handling signals in Solaris 2.3

After you catch an exception and handle it, you need to continue.

What you do is restarting the divide by zero instruction and you
get a new exception.

You need to change the PC and nPC fields in the context.
PC=nPC and nPC = nPC + 4;

Her's how:

#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <signal.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stddef.h>
#include <ucontext.h>

void
handler (int sig, siginfo_t *info, void *ctxt)
{
    struct ucontext *context = ctxt;

    fprintf(stderr,"SIGBUS at %x, pc = %x\n", info->si_addr,
            context->uc_mcontext.gregs[REG_PC]);

    /* skip offending instruction */
    context->uc_mcontext.gregs[REG_PC] = context->uc_mcontext.gregs[REG_nPC];
    context->uc_mcontext.gregs[REG_nPC] +=4;

main(void)
{

    struct sigaction sa;
    volatile int *foo = (int*) 1;

    sa.sa_flags = SA_SIGINFO | SA_NODEFER;
    sa.sa_sigaction = handler;
    sigemptyset(&sa.sa_mask);

    sigaction(SIGBUS, &sa, 0);

    *foo = 0;

Casper

--
Casper Dik - Sun Microsystems - via my guest account at the University

be fiction rather than truth.

2. fat_clusters_flush() cleanup (4/5)

3. Installation/network troube

4. need an eariler version of ld.so

5. 1 * qdsTcrgmR-Can't get port 901 to work for swat

6. Sunos & Solaris Question on Processes

7. Swat Download

8. parallel port on Sparc?

9. Can't Start Swat

10. nmbd not running (swat)