I can't login ppp need help!

Post by Scott Shar » Thu, 12 Oct 1995 04:00:00

If you want to connect with a PPP connection there is a simple
slip script which can be used.  In the /usr/lib/ppp directory
is a README.linux which can explain what I am going to give
you.

ppp connect 'chat -v "" ATDT(PHONE #) CONNECT "" ogin: (login)
word: (password) ' /dev/modem(or your com port device) 38400
debug crtscts modem defaultroute

refer to that document referred to above and you will have a
PPP connection that if a little static routing is invoked will
give you a ip forwarding if your kernel is configured to do so.
Also if you put this command in the inittab in the respawn
section( another matter in itself) this will keep your
connection alive.  I use this for my linux box which is my IP
router for my network at my apartment.

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. Nagios Configuration

3. how to install canon bj4100 under suse 5.3

4. Mimmicing FTP's PPP login with CHAP in Linux PPP

5. Internet connection of Linux to IBM provider.

6. PPP Login Failure..Need Help!

7. Download with cu

8. need PPP login procedure help

9. How to ask 'Protocol:' on slip/ppp login?

10. slack -- can't login after the installation, help needed!

11. HELP: ppp scirpt: howto change ppp login name after connection

12. help: Progeny 1.0 login keeps saying it can't find 'progeny'