server with linux

Post by Furminieux vincen » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I own two computer and two static IP. But I only have one RJ45 connection,
on local network. I want to configure a server computer with linux and a
client computer with Windows.
I have two networks interface : eth0 and eth1, and it seems they are
working.
I would like to know if i need a specific software to do this,like IP
maskerading  and how to configure ip of the first and the second card.

thanks for your answer

 xcuse my bad english ...

server with linux

Post by David Kirkpatric » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Furminieux,

      95                Linux_1
     eth0 ----------- eth0 eth1 ----------- existing local
network
 192.168.2.2   192.168.2.1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

192.168.2.0 is your local network
2 your 95 machine on subnet 192.168.2.0
1 your server     on subnet 192.168.2.0
You can have several machines and subnets off 192.168.2.0 with
internal network numbers that get to the net through Linux_1 with
masquerading.
You could get permission for setting up the 95 side of things and
get a useable IP from the existing local net administrator.  If
that's not possible and you only have one number then use
masquerading.  See the HOWTO's and save time - there is one
specific to masquerading.

--

1. port win32 COM Server to linux CORBA server

Hi All,

I'm looking at porting a DCE app(s) from Win32.  Bascially, the current
application(s) are comprised of a threaded COM Server which also is a
socks server, with VB clients.  I'm looking at porting it to a CORBA
server with Java Clients, (running on RH9)

I was wondering what experience people have had with C++ and CORBA in
linux, especially with Java.  My personal experience with Java in Linux
is that it's a little less robust than its Win32 and Solaris builds
(correct me if I'm wrong).

Are there any good resources about? Websites? Books?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

SG

2. dc4030 eide controller

3. Setting up a caching DNS server in Linux - can't find server name

4. X application hangs

5. can't get e-mails from ISP POP server through Linux proxy server

6. DHCP question

7. world access to NT intranet server through linux web server

8. Sound Blaster Live Help Please

9. Any FAQ to setup Web Server and Internet Server Using Linux

10. win2k server to linux server

11. DHCP server for Linux server?

12. The best way of sharing data between a win98 server and linux server!

13. Urgent , add swapfile but reboot server failed (PROD server) OS : Linux