FTPD virtual users, separate folders?

Post by Christi » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 23:43:47

Hello,

I've setup vsftpd on my rh 8.0 machine. It's set up for virtual users.
What I'm trying to do is have a dedicated directory for each user, and
I don't want to give them login names for my server, just want them to
use FTP only and have their own directory. Is there any way to do
this? Thanks!

Christian

FTPD virtual users, separate folders?

Post by Jamie Stallwoo » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 19:39:44

Quote:>Hello,

>I've setup vsftpd on my rh 8.0 machine. It's set up for virtual users.
>What I'm trying to do is have a dedicated directory for each user, and
>I don't want to give them login names for my server, just want them to
>use FTP only and have their own directory. Is there any way to do
>this? Thanks!

>Christian

Can you not just create them with the shell [/sbin/]nologin ?