in.pop3d

Post by Jan De Landtshee » Wed, 03 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hello.

I have a linux box that serves a a pop3 server for 5 Win95 macines with
exchange.

Suddenly (everything worked fine) the mail clients to in.pop3d got a
message back that they couldn'read their mailboxes any more

I tried in.pop3d
USER user
PASS password

and in.pop3d replied
ERR cannot open mailbox /usr/spool/mail/nele.

Ihave been hunting for locks because pine got also pbms in accessing the
mailbox in read-write, so it opens it in read-only.

comparing the owners and access rights with another (working) machine
gave me the same.
I don't want to set in.pop3d SETUID root.

Did anybody have a similar problem, and could resolve it??

Please help me 'cause I'm out of resources, and everybody is tearing my
ears of because they want to get mail.

Thanks

Jan De Landtsheer

in.pop3d

Post by Jan De Landtshee » Wed, 03 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> Make sure your mail files are in /usr/spool/mail. They may be in
> /var/spool/mail.

Can it be a problem with the symlink /usr/spool/ to /var/spool ??

strange enough it is indentical to another machine linux an ther
everything works OK

Jan

1. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

I am searching for plugins for Netscape Navigator on a SPARC Solaris 2.5
system.  While any help would be appreciated, I am especially looking for
plugs for RealAudio, wav, and Shockwave files.

Surely I don't have to go out and buy an IBM PC running windows or a
just to be able to access sites which use these technologies.
--

:s <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."
:s Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should

2. Support for further X servers on Alpha?

4. (Announce) Thin-client on USB key drive

5. Suse 7.0; Yast2, kinternet, rc.dialout und ich komme nicht ins Internet

6. pam_smb authentication ?

7. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4

8. Unix C libraries

9. what is a INS server?

10. dial ins

11. plug-ins netscape

12. PPP dial-ins refused, OSR-5 with net100

13. Reward for NExS Spreadsheet Plug-Ins