3com office connect

Post by Josh O'Del » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

hey all.
I have a 3com office connect NIC it runs beautifully under win98
I recently got my hands on a copy of Red Hat 5.1, and a 4 gig hd
so I installed the stuff and am getting myself acquanted with linux.
only prob is linux well have nothing to do with my NIC.  It hates it, won't even detect it.  Has anyone found a driver or one that would be compatabe with the 3com office connect 3CSO100-TX
3com's web site gave me no help and I'm a a loss for what to do.

thatnks in advance for any help you can give me!!!

3com office connect

Post by Jonathan Wils » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

These driver's didn't work for me, but they might for you so...

Try http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html

    ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/3c59x.c
    ftp://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux/drivers/test/3c59x.c

If you can get them working please tell me how, as I've wasted about 6
hours trying to compile 3 program very way i could think of!!!  And
I've even had to reboot my Linux server more times then I've ever
reboot my Win98 PC.  Man that's depressing.

Good Luck.... You WILL need it!

Quote:>This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

>------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BEDEA2.9F695060

>hey all.
>I have a 3com office connect NIC it runs beautifully under win98
>I recently got my hands on a copy of Red Hat 5.1, and a 4 gig hd
>so I installed the stuff and am getting myself acquanted with linux.
>only prob is linux well have nothing to do with my NIC.  It hates it, =
>won't even detect it.  Has anyone found a driver or one that would be =
>compatabe with the 3com office connect 3CSO100-TX
>3com's web site gave me no help and I'm a a loss for what to do.

>thatnks in advance for any help you can give me!!!

>------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BEDEA2.9F695060

><HTML><HEAD>
><META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
>http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
><META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2614.3401" name=3DGENERATOR>
><STYLE></STYLE>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>hey all.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a 3com office connect NIC it =
>runs=20
>beautifully under win98</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I recently got my hands on a copy of =
>Red Hat 5.1,=20
>and a 4 gig hd</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>so I installed the stuff and am getting =
>myself=20
>acquanted with linux.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>only prob is linux well have nothing to =
>do with my=20
>NIC.&nbsp; It hates it, won't even detect it.&nbsp; Has anyone found a =
>driver or=20
>one that would be compatabe with the 3com office connect =
>3CSO100-TX</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>3com's web site gave me no help and I'm =
>a a loss=20
>for what to do.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thatnks in advance for any help you can =
>give=20
>me!!!</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

>------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BEDEA2.9F695060--

1. 3com Office Connect LAN Modem::trouble connecting

Are there others out there using a 3com Office Connect LAN ISDN modem.  I'm
using Redhat 7.3 on a Dell Inspiron ( not that it matters in this question
).  I just can't get the 'auto call' feature working.  In my Win2k desktop
there is this little tool called LanManager or something.  It is provided
by 3com.  It's a way of dialing manualy.  Telnetting to the damn thing
takes to long, and doesn't always work.  Nor does accessing the internal
webpage.  Is there a little script?  An application?
Any help is welcome..
Thanks in advanced
--
Rutger Claes

LINUX, because rebooting is for adding new hardware

2. Make scripts/Configure follow the definition of 'int'

3. EQL and 3COM Office Connect Remote: anyone using it?

4. Need help with xdm

5. Telneting from RH6 to a 3Com Office Connect 531

6. Help with ObjectBuilder

7. FS:3Com Office Connect ISDN/LAN $259.00

8. IPchains and Masquarading

9. ISDN probs: Dial into Linux w/ 3Com Office Connect and NAT

10. Problems with Tiny Term and 3Com Office Connect Lan Modem

11. 3COM Office Connect Model 3CS0H0100-TX

12. Is 3com's Office Connect ISDN modem overkill?

13. Any VPN client for RH linux to connect to office VPN server (Sonicwall)