volatile loopback interface

Post by Aaro » Wed, 08 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I'm still under exposed to the workings of ifconfig.  pls let me know if
there's something amiss :

I'm writing some socket game & wanna test using loopback 127.0.0.1 but
found each time I booted up the lo interface is missing.  I've to
manually add it in everytime.  How can I set the lo interface permanent
instead of volatile?

thanx
Aaron

1. SIOCGIFFLAGS fails loopback interface

When I call ioctl() with SIOCGIFFLAGS for interface "lo" (loopback) it
fails.

strerror() says: No such device

The same code works for normal intefaces (ethX). Any ideas why this is so?

The reason I need this is to test whether the interface is multicast-capable
(flag IFF_MULTICAST).

2. Interested in an MKS Web Toolkit?

3. "Bandwidth" of loopback interface?

4. Trouble Mailing To A File

5. Snoop - loopback interface?

6. Debian reaches 10,000 applications mark!

7. Network Loopback Interface

8. NAT (Network Address Translation)

9. Performance advantage for loopback interface?

10. new kernel loses lo loopback interface

11. snoop on loopback interfaces?

12. activate software loopback interface

13. sniffit on loopback interface