PROPOSAL> New Support Forum for Linux: #LinuxChat on IRC

PROPOSAL> New Support Forum for Linux: #LinuxChat on IRC

Post by Carl Per » Sat, 04 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I'm proposing this support medium to help new and experienced Linux
users get more up-to-date support, as well as some actual contact with
the authors of the software.  This also makes a great forum for
launching a new software product.  Please read the #LinuxChat webpage
at http://www.ici.net/cust_pages/caperry/LinuxChat before signing on
to IRC.  The official launch will be Saturday, Jan 4, 1996 at 0100 GMT
(About 6AM EST) on Undernet.  Obviously the channel name will be
#LinuxChat.  Hope you can stop by!  Please send comments and
suddgestions via eMail, and/or replys to this post.  Thanks!

                -Carl Perry

1. SLIP/PPP -->new kernel-->new compiler-->new make

Hello world!

I'm trying to install SLIP or PPP (made no choice yet, any tips?)
Therefore I needed a new kernel and tried to install 1.1.45.
To compile this I needed a new gcc version. I downloaded gcc 2.5.8, libc
4.5.26, binutils 1.9l.4 and tools 2.16.
I un-tar-ed them all and started to compile.
I now need gnu make 3.70 (in stead of 3.69) where can I find this?
I also have problems with libc.so.4, witch is linked to libc.so.4.4.4
It sais: desire minor version 514 and found 404
How do I solve this?
final question: Why isn't there a HOW-TO about these things?

I hope anyone can help me with this.

Greetings and thanx in advance,

Perjan Moors.

2. help: newbie xterm problem

3. New HP Monitored HPUX Forum (forums.itrc.hp.com/cm)

4. Slackware? Red Hat? Deneba? Caldera? Free BSD?

5. Proposal for new lock ownership scheme to support NFS over distributed filesystems

6. Allow URL only for a range of IP address

7. new linux forum site - linux-user.com

8. Q: fork() & exec() question

9. - New, free technical support for HP Printing Systems on IRC

10. which forum or irc for newbie help?

11. Proposal for New Linux Logo - WinPeeing.gif

12. Recall: RFC Proposal to enable MSI support in Linux kernel