Please, please help me with PPP

Post by Broc Stirto » Thu, 15 May 1997 04:00:00

It seems my ppp problems have returned:

Recap:
I recently reconfigured my system to include an ethernet card.  The
route to the network via the card is NOT the default route (I mention
this because its what I originally suspected), however now when trying
to connected via dial-up ppp to my ISP, the connection times out without
ever adding the default route via ppp0.  Dip connects fine, then fires
up pppd with the appropriate options, but after a minute or so, I am
disconnected.  I initially exchanged the newly compiled pppd binary with
the old one (same size, same permissions)- that worked for about one
day, then back to the same problem.  /var/log/syslog has the following
line at disconnect:

[time/date/etc.]...pppd[104]: LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

I tried adding the lcp-max-configure option to pppd, but it only takes
longer to hang up.  I tried to skip LCP negotiation altogether with the
-all option, but that hangs up immediately.  Does any one have any ideas
on this one?  I am getting desperate (even considering backing up
important files and reinstalling (it worked with the original Slackware
installation just fine)).  I have tried 4 different kernels and 3
compilations of pppd- to no avail.  It must be a problem with some
config option, but where?  I have tried undoing all ethernet card
initialization, but it still doesn't help.  Windows 95 still connects
fine- no changes by the ISP.  Please help!
        Thank you in advance,
                Broc

Just setting up FreeBSD 4, and I notice a number of differences in the
sendmail config system.  All good, I hope.

Anyway - My problem is a fairly simple one.  I cannot forward mail to my
internal machines.

/etc/mail/virtusertable:

/etc/mail/sendmail.cw contains esb.co.uk

Mail is recieved by the server, but mailq gives me:

                                (Deferred: Name server: euro2.esb.co.uk.:
host name lookup failed)

The DNS is set up okay as far as I can see...

Should the last full stop be there in the deferred message?  If not, where
will it be getting it from?

Help?

Matt

--
You can kill the revolutionary
But you can't kill the revolution!

2. AIX using Ultrix printer on the network

3. NFS please help me please please please sniff

4. Automatic Telnet ?

5. PLEASE HELP ME WITH SAMBA ??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ????

6. War stories wanted: 2.3 5/94 auto-install vs. dataless clients?

7. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

8. Marimba Castanet Tuner???

9. Set-up woes, please, please, please help :(

10. please please please help me!

11. Please Please Please HELP

12. Please, please, please- can anyone provide any help?