IP Masquerading Module Spec

Post by Doug Jone » Tue, 02 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I want to write an IP Masquerading module.

Is there a spec for these things, or must I just reverse engineer one of the
existing ones.

Thanks,
Doug

1. Minimum PC spec for IP masquerading???

How fast of a PC would I need to do IP masquerading for 4 other PCs on my
internal network, out through my cable modem? Would a 386 with 2 ISA
NE2000 cards be enough? Essentially, it'll just be picking up packets off
1 network card, and dropping them on to the other. This doesn't seem to be
something that would require a P2, but I don't want to lose any
performance by having to wait on the gateway box.

Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,

        Mike

Mike Kirk      Tel:   416-482-7801

2. Best way to re-install system?

3. IP for masqueraded net other than masquerading host IP

4. nfs help: "exportfs -r" hangs boot

5. Real audio and Quake IP masquerade module problems

6. Freezing X Windows? Possible Solution

7. IP Masquerade Modules won't load

8. Setting up video capture hardware

9. mklinux and module support (for ip masquerading)

10. IP Masquerading Modules and 2.3.16

11. HELP: IP Masquerading and modules

12. IP Masquerading helper modules/patches

13. ICQ module for IP Masquerade?