1. off the shelf small/simple hardware for lan, usb, compact flash?
i'm looking for the following piece of off the shelf hardware:
* 486 or pentium (does not have to be fast)
* 1-eth port
* 2-usb ports
* maybe 16 mb mem
* compact flash (for boot)
* power supply (eg, no soldering required)
it does not need video out, keyboard, ide, or a serial interface on it.
i do not want it to have any moving parts (eg, no disk, no fan).
i just want to plug it into the wall and lan, and have it
automatically boot and do its thing using the midori linux
image i put on the compact flash card.
i've seen previous postings that recommend sites like mini-itx.com
for things like this but they appear to be either oem oriented
or else only sell sbcs that require you coming up with additional
things (like a power supply).
this is for a little usb web cam thing that i use to watch
my dog in the daytime (running on midori linux).
it is currently running in a more serious box than is
required for this app and i'd like to have 2 or 3 of these.
the key thing is that i just want to buy it, make the flash
image for it, boot it, and have it go rather than have to do
any hardware research and soldering.
2. File recovery for linux
3. wireless LAN hardware recommendations
4. Asus A7V8X S462 KT400
5. recommendation on hardware recommendation
6. webalizer and iptables
7. How much hardware UNIX hardware to support a small college?
8. aix5l - linux applications
9. Recommendation of Logitech wireless keyboard and wirless mouse - small one to fit my hand - needed
10. Cheap (SMALL) LCD recommendations?
11. Need Small hard drive repair recommendations
12. Small SPARC workstation recommendation request.
13. Solaris x86 for small LAN server?