telnet terminal emulation

Post by Mark Olber » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to write a perl script that uses Term::Cap to position text
on the screen.

When I run this script while I'm telnet'd into my system from my WinNT
client, the positioning doesn't work. In other words, my telnet
session is behaving as a simple "stream" oriented console.

The WinNT telnet client I'm using emulates VT100 and VT220. Do I need
to "tell" my linux box that the telnet connection supports that
emulation? If so, how do I do it?

Thanx in advance for any help or suggestions.

- Mark

1. telnet / terminal emulation problem

Hope someone can help me with this ....

I am running RedHat7.1 on a pentium box.  I am doing software development
for a VAX/VMS system.  The system only has VT420 style terminals hooked to
it.

The problem is when I telnet in to test the program, it has a status line
that get displayed at the top.  It is suppose to be at the bottom.  Also, it
is in reverse vid wide characters and it is suppose to be in reverse vid
normal width.

Microsoft telnet displays the status line correctly. We also have a program
KEA! which does as well.  I would like to use linux to do the dev work as I
can easily mount the nfs disks.

Any ideas?

Thanks

John

2. ksh equivalent of csh pushd/popd ?

3. telnet terminal-emulation problem

4. Relationships

5. Telnet query (terminal emulation/keyboard mappings)

6. Symbios Logic 53Cxx series SCSI cards

7. terminal emulation during telnet session

8. login problem

9. Telnet and terminal emulation

10. vt100 terminal emulation for AIX telnet

11. Telnet problem - due to terminal emulation??

12. setting TERM/terminal emulation when telnet'ing

13. Problem with telnet and Terminal Emulation