Dynamic IP address

Post by Dan » Tue, 16 Apr 1996 04:00:00

What is the best way to locally determine what IP address I was assigned
when I dialed in?  Can I somehow use chat to set a global env variable?
Thanks for any hints.

Dynamic IP address

Post by KevinAnderso » Wed, 17 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Type "ifconfig" after your connection.  The dynamically assigned IP address is
listed under the ppp0 as "inet addr:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.".

Dynamic IP address

Post by Wilhelm Wienema » Fri, 26 Apr 1996 04:00:00

On 15 Apr 1996 07:26:57 GMT in comp.os.linux.networking,
: What is the best way to locally determine what IP address I
: was assigned when I dialed in?  Can I somehow use chat to set
: a global env variable?
: Thanks for any hints.
:

That is my solution of your problem:

[ ... ]

  # mode that it prints your IP address
  get $locip remote 30
  print The IP-adress is $locip
  if $errlvl != 0 goto prompt_error

[ ... ]

done:
  print VERBINDUNG zu $remote mit der Adresse ---> $locip
  mode CSLIP
  goto exit

You have to edit this in your dip-script.

ciao,
--
\_\_\       /_/_/ | Wilhelm Wienemann, Amselweg 10, D-47546 Kalkar/Germany

  \_\_\/\\/_/_/   |"Es gibt Kamele mit einem Hoecker und welche mit zweien.
   \__/\___/_/    | Aber die groessten haben gar keinen." (A. Schopenhauer)

1. dynamic ip address - how to get to know my ip address?

Hi there,

my ISP provides me with a dynamic ip address. I'm using a wireless LAN
router made by SMC to connect to the internet. I want to get to know the
public ip address from a computer that is located in the local network
behind the router's firewall. But, of course, the router's NAT replaces the
public ip address with the local one.

How do I get to know the public ip address the ISP gave me?

Currently, I'm not using Linux. But I consider to set up a Linux box that
will be accessible from the internet. I guess, this problem is not
platform-dependent. Unfortunately, my router does not have a telnet
interface or any other interface that would provide me with the public ip
address. Only, if login to the web interface manually, I can see the current
status including the current ip address.

Can I solve this problem with standard TCP/IP tools? "ping" does not give
any evidence -- I was sniffing with Ethereal to miss no information.

Do I need help from an external system that can tell me my ip address? Is
there a service, I can use?

Thanks in advance,

Johannes

2. Netware Client

3. replace dynamic ip address in html file with new address

4. Solaris 7x86 installation problems...

5. tcp/ip with dynamic ip addressing?

6. Knoppix and Monitor Problem - xvrefresh=60

7. Anyone using Mobile-IP combined with PPP and dynamic IP address ?

8. Hard disk woes affect Linux, not DOS

9. IP masq and dynamic ip address

10. Slip sessions with dynamic ip addresses

11. samba with dynamic ip addresses

12. Dynamic IP Addressing?

13. 2.4 PPP to ISP w/ dynamic IP addresses