Linux ppp not writing to screen

Post by Rick Lutows » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I am trying to get ppp up on my 486/66 under Linux 1.3.9.
The ppplog file indicates that a connection is being
made to the remote host, correct local and remote IP
addresses are assigned, and ip-up is started.  Then
everything goes dead and nothing happens until I type
CTRL-c to abort, which causes ip-down to start and ppp
to abort.

One problem is that nothing is written to the screen.
This is true even when syslog.conf is configured to
send debug messages to /dev/consle - nothing is ever
written to the screen, either with or without X.  Log
files are written OK, fortunately, or there would be
no clue as to what is going on.

I can supply all of the*details (log files, etc,)
to anyone who thinks they can help.

Rick Lutowski

1. PPP not working while writing CDs

This is probably a common problem, though I've never seen any reference on this. When I try to go on the internet while writing a cd with my machine I can only get a few bytes throughput. I can connect but almost nothing comes through while writing. It stops as soon as the cd has been written.

Anybody an idea?

2. Linux + xmosaic = freeze

3. linux, PPP, AT&T Worldnet - looks like PPP does not start???

4. install help required

5. write() to a serial port in HP-UX 10 doen not write

6. Cyrix PCI IRQ routing fix

7. to write or not to write a BLASTED device driver

8. autofs and "user" option

9. help: screen can not bring me back the screen

10. Linux as a screen router and PPP server?

11. kde3 not display and not write my language

12. Trying to write a Psion5 -> linux PPP link HOWTO

13. can not set binfmt_misc register, can not write to /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/ directory