ppp2.0.d problems. It a BUG or a configuration mistake ????

ppp2.0.d problems. It a BUG or a configuration mistake ????

Post by Thomas Parmel » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> It seems that the new kernel PPP driver won't work !
> I heard that I'm not the only ome with this problem, and I want to know
> if this all the people who use the ppp2.0.d (or f) have same problems.
> is this just a configuration problem or it really u bug ???

What do you mean, "won't work" ? If you don't give useful information nobody
will be able to help you.  Your first mistake is obviously to not run the
latest, stable, version.  Go get pppd-2.2.0f from your nearest friendly
archive and install it before looking for bugs. Most installation and
configuration common problems are clearly explained in the README file.

It you still have problems, then repost here with kernel version, pppd
command line and log output (with the "debug" option of course).

--

Usenet C*Historique                    <URL:http://www.veryComputer.com/~parmelan/>

Post by Marko Mikulici » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

It seems that the new kernel PPP driver won't work !
I heard that I'm not the only ome with this problem, and I want to know
if this all the people who use the ppp2.0.d (or f) have same problems.
is this just a configuration problem or it really u bug ???

I can't accept that the installation of a PPP connection runs without
problems Windoze ( I have to use this toy to send this news ) and not
on a a LINUX system, born in the net.

ppp2.0.d problems. It a BUG or a configuration mistake ????

Post by Kit » Sun, 18 Aug 1996 04:00:00

<..snip..?>> I can't accept that the installation of a PPP connection
runs without

Quote:> problems Windoze ( I have to use this toy to send this news ) and not
> on a a LINUX system, born in the net.

No problems using (f).
Be easier to help debugging the problem if we had more information.

--
You can't always get what you want.

Post by Alex B » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

 MM> It seems that the new kernel PPP driver won't work !
 MM> I heard that I'm not the only ome with this problem, and I want to
 MM> know if this all the people who use the ppp2.0.d (or f) have same
 MM> problems. is this just a configuration problem or it really u bug
 MM> ???

Could it be that your kernel is too new? Try version 2.2.0f of pppd, it worked
for me.. With older pppd versions I got errormessages like 'sorry, ppp isn't
available on this system'.

regards, Alex

Post by Arnoud de Jong » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> It seems that the new kernel PPP driver won't work !
> I heard that I'm not the only ome with this problem, and I want to know
> if this all the people who use the ppp2.0.d (or f) have same problems.
> is this just a configuration problem or it really u bug ???

I seem to have the same problem. I updraded from a working pppd 2.1.2
to pppd 2.2.0f and it wouldn't work. After connection it locks up.
When I type route I only get the header and then it too hangs up.
After reinstalling my old pppd everything worked okay again.

     Quack!
 _oo  /
/) -)   Greetings,
"-""         Arnoud.

1. Problem with RedHat 3.0.3, PPP2.2.0f

*sigh*
I really hate having to deal with small systems.  Give me a good set of
Sparcs and a T1, and I'm a happy guy.  Shove a PC in front of me, and watch
it have problems.  Even when it runs a decent OS like linux.

Ok, here's the situation.  Just upgraded my system from an old P60 to a new
P133.  No changes to the OS.  Now my PPP doesn't work.  I get connected up
to my ISP, then:

Connect: ppp0 <-> /dev/cua0
sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1]
lasy message repeated 9 times
LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
Connection terminated.
Receive serial link is not 8-bit clean:
Problem: all had bit 7 set to 0
Exit.

Thanks for any clues,
-spp
--
Stephen P Potter       Pencom Systems Administration         Chrysler, Detroit

        Check out <A HREF="http://www.perl.org/">The Perl Institute</A>

2. How can I get more than 8 megs on a 386 board?

3. Sawfish Bugs or Configuration Problems?

4. comp.linux.software?

5. Problem to compile a ppp2.2.0g

6. Anyone compile Linux Doom ?

7. ppp2.2.0f and linux2.0.0 problem

8. The structure of executables

9. PPP build problem (sol2.7, gcc2.95.1, ppp2.3.10)

10. ppp2.2.0c connection hung problems

11. It`s IMPORTANT!!!

12. ppp2.2.0f compile problem

13. Please Help....it′s a very small thing!!!!.PLEASE