Using SAMBA + MSCLIENT + PACKET DRIVERS ?

Using SAMBA + MSCLIENT + PACKET DRIVERS ?

Post by Leonid Ent » Tue, 10 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
I would like to have my PC connected to Linux box running SAMBA using
MSCLIENT. However I want to be able to use packet drivers. Is it possible?
Thanks, Leonid Entov.

1. Using MSClient to network to a Linux machine

I'm trying to set up MSClient for DOS Version 3.11 on some PCs here to
talk to a Linux machine.  The Linux machine is not now connected to the
Internet, but will be coming up as a UUCP connection to begin with and
later with a PPP connection.  The PCs are running NE2000 cards for the
most part.

I'm having trouble getting past the Initializing TCP/IP via DHCP message.
I know I need to coordinate the files between the PC and the Linux
machine, but I'm not sure what to put in the fields.

I need to have the network running by Wednesday afternoon, so even a
pointer to a FAQ here would be helpful.

I'm not currently recieving comp.os.linux.networking, so replies from
there need to be emailed to me.

Thanks for any help!!
--
Jim Anderson                    (612) 782-0456

3800 Apache Lane NE             Lucifer designed MS-DOS to try men's souls.
St Anthony, MN  55421           Then he had a better idea.

2. beginner questions

3. setting up a printer for MSclient-side driver

4. Anyone use X-Accel?

5. PCroute ?? Anyone using it with packet drivers ?

6. what gcc?

7. Porting DOS prog using packet driver

8. cm_lookup problems

9. Sending Arp reply packets using packet-sockets on linux

10. Using samba and windows drivers to print to windows printer

11. Is it possible to block Viruses using SPI (Stateful packet inspection) using Linux box

12. SMBMOUNT and SMBCLIENT to MSClient Share

13. SAMBA (linux) server <==TCP/IP Packets==> Win95 client