A missing menu for Openwall

Post by jluca.. » Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:55:31

Hi!

I just tried to apply the Openwall's patch for a 2.2.18 kernel.
First I red the README and applied the patch to the kernel source
accordingly. All went well, but when I tried to reconfigure the
kernel with:

# make xconfig [,menuconfig]

The problem is that I could not find the extra security menu,
which was mentioned in the README. How could I proceed?

Thanks in advance!

Jussi

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

A missing menu for Openwall

Post by Michael Heimin » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 04:56:06

> Hi!

> I just tried to apply the Openwall's patch for a 2.2.18 kernel.
> First I red the README and applied the patch to the kernel source
> accordingly. All went well, but when I tried to reconfigure the
> kernel with:

> # make xconfig [,menuconfig]

> The problem is that I could not find the extra security menu,
> which was mentioned in the README. How could I proceed?

> Thanks in advance!

> Jussi

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Hello,

I don't know about Openwall, but usual there should be mentioned
somewhere in the patch it's options,
you can set them in /usr/src/linux/.config  with yout favorit editor and
proceed with your kernel
build.

/Documentation comes with the kernel sources and contains plenty
infos...:-)

Good luck

Michael Heiming

1. Missing menu items, toolbar buttons in KDE 2.2

Installed KDE 2.2 (from source) but am missing most of the menu items and
toolbar buttons in KMail and KNode.  I can neither retrieve nor send email
or NG posts.  When I try to configure the toolbars to provide these
functions, changes are not applied.  I also can't display the various
windows panes in KNode, nor is there an option available to do so.  No
error messages are displayed.

2. patch cluster

3. Missing Start Menu programs in AfterStep

5. menu bar missing...

6. SLIP/PPP and all services available from a shell

7. Compile problem with 2.4.21, ac-1, openwall

8. Most Popular Language

9. Missing Kernel Installation menu options...

10. missing menu in kde3.1 rc3

11. linux 2.2.17 with openwall patch probs

12. Missing Menu Item

13. Missing Kernell Installation menu options...!!